Friday, August 1, 2008

The Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap

This week Gayle over at the Grocery Cart Challenge is looking for our favorite potluck recipes. This is my contribution, and my all time favorite dish to bring along...


Hashbrown Potato Casserole

1 bag 32 oz. frozen shredded hash browns (completely thawed)
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 cups sour cream
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup finely chopped onions
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 stick butter
1-2 cups crushed corn flakes

Melt 1/2 stick of butter and pour into 9x13 casserole dish.
In a large bowl mix shredded cheese, soup, sour cream, onion, salt and pepper. Mix well. Fold in hash brown potatoes. Pour mixture into 9 x 13 dish.
Melt 1/2 stick butter, and mix with crushed cornflakes. Sprinkle over the top of casserole.
Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until golden brown.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Oh my gosh! I make it this exact way too, and I have no idea where I got the recipe! It always gets rave reviews though.

Gayle said...

I love this stuff. It's like carb-ambrosia! Thanks for posting.

Heather Kay said...

Hello! I came over from Gayle's. Your blog is very pretty! I love to cook and am always on the lookout for new recipes so I will be checking in with you. I am living in NW Arkansas, moved here from Bradenton, FL. Your pics really make me miss home! Siesta Key is so beautiful!
Blessings,
Heather Kay